Roasted Shitake Mushroom Topping
- 1/2 pound shitake mushrooms, stems removed (190 gm)
- 1 medium shallot, finely minced (55 gm)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary or several pinches dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss the mushrooms and shallot with the oil, vinegar, and rosemary; place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast mushrooms for 10 minutes; remove from oven and turn them over. Roast for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven; let cool and thinly slice. In a small bowl, toss the cooled mushrooms with the parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
Seriving size 1/4 cup. Makes 1 cup.