- 1 large leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into 1 cm dice
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Loprofin Baking Mix
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 6.5 oz LP-Drink Mix
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Ground black pepper
- Place the leek, squash pieces, garlic and oil into a large, deep heavy saucepan. Cook gently for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften but not brown.
- Mix the baking mix in with the LP-Drink Mix and pour in 32 ounces of warm water. Stir well.
- Gradually pour the liquid mixture into the pan and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 7-10 minutes until the leeks and squash are tender.
- Puree mixture in a food processor or use an electric mixer.
- Pour about quarter of the soup into a serving bowl and allow to cool a bit before stirring in a little chipped parsley.
Serve immediately with lots of freshly ground black pepper.
The remaining soup can be frozen in portions ready for a quick snack on another day.