Ingredients (for 2 servings)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g (5 oz) Loprofin Fusilli (measured dry)
- 75 g (3 oz) cherry tomatoes (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 large stalks celery
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp salad cream*
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pan 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil, then add the oil, salt and Loprofin Fusilli. Return to a boil, stirring, reduce the heat slightly and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- Meanwhile, halve the cherry tomatoes, trim the ends off the zucchini and cut into 1-1.5 cm (1/4 - 1/2 inch) chunks, slice the celery and peppers.
- Drain the pasta and rinse well with cold water, before transferring to a large bowl, and add the prepared vegetables and basil.
- Prepare the dressing – place all the ingredients in a suitable sized screw top jar or container and shake well for 15 seconds.
- Pour the dressing over the cooked pasta and vegetables, tossing lightly until thoroughly coated.
- Chill until served.
*Salad cream is kind of like mayonnaise but with no egg. You can find it at Whole Foods or your local grocer in the "international aisle".